Final Assembly of the Tail page 3

While the primer and paint was curing on the cover pieces, I went ahead and installed platenuts in the opening for each screw location:

The covers and gap seals were primed with EP-420 Epoxy Primer, then painted with the Poly Fiber Enamel in matching colors. Here is a picture of the covers and gap seal in place:

The covers and gap seal (rear view):

I used #6 stainless steel sheet metal screws for attaching the gap seals to the Horizontal Stabilizer rib.

Final Tail Assembly

Completed: December 27, 2007

Total time: 16 Hours

Click here to go to the Final Assembly index page

Click here to go to the Home page